Call Us: 647-957-7575 Ext.0 or 416-845-9962 Book a Consultation

Spouse and Common-Law Partner

Your spouse can be of either sex,  But you should be legally married and at least older than 18 years.commonlaw partner , married

Common-law partners to arent required to be legally married. They can be of either sex and should be older than 18 years (Both parties). The partners will have to live together at least for 12 consecutive months/1 year in a conjugal relationship, without any long periods apart.Any time spent away from each other should have been short/temporary.If you or your common-law partner choose to end the relationship, we consider the relationship to be over.

You’ll need to give proof of your common-law relationship.

Your conjugal partner isn’t legally married to you or in a common-law relationship with you and can be either sex of at least 18 years of age. The relationship should be of at least for a year. Must live outside Canada. They can’t live with you in their country of residence or marry you because of significant legal and immigration reasons such as -Their marital status (for example, they’re still married to someone else in a country where divorce isn’t possible) or their sexual orientation (for example, you are in a same-sex relationship, and same-sex relationships are not accepted, or same-sex marriage is illegal where they live) or persecution (for example, your relationship is between different religious groups which is not accepted and they may be punished legally or socially)

You’ll need to give proof that you could not live together or get married in your conjugal partner’s country (for example, proof of refused long-term stays in each other’s country).