Sponsor Your Loved Ones!

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, age 18 or over, you can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian permanent residents. If you become a permanent resident, you can live, study and work in Canada. If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives.

You can sponsor your:

  1. Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner

  2. Dependent child (or a child you plan to adopt): must be 21 and younger

  3. Parents and Grandparents: father, mother, grandfather, or grandmother

  4. Orphaned  Relatives: brother, sister, nephew, niece, grandson, or granddaughter, who are orphaned, under the age of 18, and not married or in a common-law relationship

  5. Other relatives:  *only Lonely Canadians are eligible to sponsor (have no other family living in Canada)


The application begins once you submit your interest to the sponsor and then will be invited to apply to the intake. This is the process of turning the status of your parents and grandparents into permanent residents of Canada by the sponsor.

Who is eligible to sponsor a parent or grandparent. Click this link to get more information.

Spouse and Common-Law Partner

Your spouse can be of either sex,  But you should be legally married and at least older than 18 years. Common-law partners arent required to be legally married. They can be of either sex and should be older than 18 years (Both parties). The partners will have to live together at least for 12 consecutive months/1 years in a conjugal relationship, without any long periods apart. Any time spent away from each other should have been short/temporary. If you or your common-law partner choose to end the relationship, we consider the relationship to be over. You’ll need to give proof of your common-law relationship.

Dependent Child and Adopted Child

The family category is a priority for the government to unite the families. Workers, Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents attain an opportunity. Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident parents can live with their loved dependant child / Adopted child through the Child Sponsorship Program.