Call Us: 647-957-7575 Ext.0 or 416-845-9962 Book a Consultation

Open work permit (OWP)

An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because of its nature, you will not need the following when you apply for your work permit:Open work permit

  • A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada; or

  • Proof that an employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee.

    1. Bridging Open Work Permit.

    2. Inland Spousal / Common-Law-sponsorship, Open Work Permit.

    3. Post-Graduation Work Permit

    4. International Experience Canada.

In most cases, you will have to pay the open work permit holder fee at the same time that you pay the work permit fee.

After a two-year study course in Canada, you are eligible to apply for an open work permit of three years. This is called a Post-Graduate Work Permit.